Pangot is a charming and scenic village located in the Nainital district of the Indian state of Uttarakhand. It is situated at an altitude of approximately 6,300 feet (1,920 meters) above sea level and is known for its natural beauty, birdwatching opportunities, and tranquility.
- Birdwatching: Pangot is a paradise for birdwatchers. It is home to a wide variety of bird species, and many enthusiasts visit the village to spot and study these feathered creatures. The dense forests and serene surroundings make it an ideal location for birdwatching.
- Scenic Beauty: The village offers breathtaking views of the Himalayas, including peaks like Nanda Devi and Trishul. The lush green landscapes, terraced fields, and dense oak and pine forests add to the scenic beauty of Pangot.
- Trekking: Pangot is a great base for trekking in the surrounding hills and forests. Treks to places like Kilbury, Cheena Peak, and Naina Peak are popular among visitors.
- Peace and Tranquility: Pangot is known for its peaceful and serene environment. It provides an excellent escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. Visitors can relax, unwind, and enjoy the natural beauty of the region.
- Close to Nainital: Pangot is located only about 15 kilometers from the popular hill station of Nainital. This makes it an attractive option for those looking for a quieter and less crowded alternative to Nainital while still being close enough to visit Nainital's attractions.
- Flora and Fauna: In addition to birds, Pangot is also home to a variety of wildlife. You may spot animals like leopards, barking deer, and more in the forests surrounding the village.
- Accommodations: There are several hotels, resorts, and guesthouses in Pangot that offer comfortable accommodations for travelers.