Dayara Bugyal is one of the most beautiful high-altitude meadows in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. Situated in the Uttarkashi district, this alpine meadow offers breathtaking views of the Himalayan peaks, making it a popular trekking and camping destination.
- Location: Dayara Bugyal is located in the Garhwal region of Uttarakhand, at an elevation of around 10,000 to 12,000 feet above sea level.
- Scenic Beauty: The meadow is known for its lush green expanse, surrounded by snow-capped peaks. Visitors are treated to stunning panoramic views of mountains, including Srikanth, Rudregaira, Gangotri, and Draupadi Ka Danda.
- Trekking: Dayara Bugyal is a popular trekking destination, and trekkers can access it from various trailheads, with the most common starting point being Barsu Village. The trek usually takes around 3-4 days, and it offers a chance to explore the pristine beauty of the meadow.
- Flora and Fauna: The meadow is rich in alpine flora and fauna. During the trek, you may come across a variety of wildflowers, herbs, and grazing animals.
- Seasonal Variations: The meadow undergoes seasonal changes, with lush greenery during the summer and snow-covered expanses during the winter. The best time to visit for trekking is typically from May to June and September to November.
- Accommodations: Basic accommodations are available in tents or local huts in Dayara Bugyal. Trekkers usually carry their own camping equipment or stay in nearby villages.
- Nearby Attractions: Dayara Bugyal is not far from other popular destinations in Uttarakhand, such as Uttarkashi and Gangotri. You can combine your visit to Dayara Bugyal with exploration of these nearby regions.