Khajjiar, often referred to as the "Mini Switzerland of India," is a beautiful hill station and tourist destination located in the Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh. It is known for its lush green landscapes, pristine lakes, and serene meadows.
- Khajjiar Lake: The heart of Khajjiar is the Khajjiar Lake, surrounded by a vast expanse of grassy meadows. You can enjoy a leisurely walk around the lake, go for a pony ride, or simply sit by the water and soak in the natural beauty.
- Khajji Nag Temple: Visit the ancient Khajji Nag Temple, which is dedicated to the serpent god, Nag Devta. The temple's wooden architecture and serene location make it a peaceful and spiritual site.
- Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary: Take a trip to the nearby Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary, which is home to various species of wildlife and offers scenic trails for nature enthusiasts and trekkers.
- Paragliding: Khajjiar offers paragliding activities for adventure seekers. Soaring above the beautiful landscapes provides a thrilling experience.
- Zorbing: You can enjoy zorbing, which involves rolling down a hill inside a giant transparent ball. It's a fun and unique activity that adds to the adventure.
- Trekking: There are several trekking trails in and around Khajjiar, including the trek to Dainkund Peak, which is the highest peak in the region and offers stunning views.
- Picnics: The picturesque meadows and serene surroundings make Khajjiar an excellent spot for a picnic. Many visitors enjoy spending quality time with friends and family here.
- Shopping: You can explore the local markets for handicrafts, woollen clothes, and other souvenirs. Himachali shawls and wooden artifacts are popular purchases.
- Photography: Khajjiar's natural beauty and scenic landscapes make it a photographer's paradise. Capturing the lush green meadows, forests, and the lake is a rewarding experience.
- Chamba: Chamba, a historic town, is located nearby and is known for its ancient temples, traditional architecture, and vibrant festivals. A visit to Chamba is a cultural and historical complement to your trip to Khajjiar.
- Food: Enjoy traditional Himachali cuisine at local restaurants and savor dishes like Dham (a festive meal), Chana Madra, and Babru.